0806121661 Very Good. Light shelf wear to covers/corners; satisfaction guaranteed. Trade paperback binding. Earthlight Books is a family owned and operated, independent bookstore serving Walla Walla, Washington since 1973.
Individuals of all persuasions have become deeply interested in contemporary Sioux religious practices. These essays by tribal religious leaders, scholars, and other members of the Sioux communities in North and South Dakota deal with the more important questions about Sioux ritual and belief in relation to history, tradition, and the mainstream of American life.
(1) "Lakota Belief and Ritual in the Nineteenth Century," by Raymond J. DeMallie;
(2) "Lakota Genesis: The Oral Tradition," by Elaine A. Jahner;
(3) "The Sacred Pipe in Modern Life," by Arval Looking Horse;
(4) "The Lakota Sun Dance: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives," by Arthur Amiotte;
(5) "The Establishment of Christianity Among the Sioux," by Vine V. Deloria, Sr.;
(6) "Catholic Mission and the Sioux: A Crisis in the Early Paradigm," by Harvey Markowitz;
(7) "Contemporary Catholic Mission Work Among the Sioux," by Robert Hilbert, S.}.;
(8) "Christian Life Fellowship Church," by Mercy Poor Man;
(9) "Indian Women and the Renaissance of Traditional Religion," by Beatrice Medicine;
(10) "The Contemporary "Yuwipi," "by Thomas H. Lewis, M.D.;
(11) "The Native American Church of Jesus Christ," by Emerson Spider, Sr.;
(12) "Traditional Lakota Religion in Modern Life," by Robert Stead, with an Introduction by Kenneth Oliver; Suggestions for Further Reading; Bibliography.